Sunday, December 17, 2017

Boring

The experts in my craft group gave the thumbs down to my more flamboyant ideas for a crochet scarf. But this version is so boring that I'm having difficulties finding enough oomph to get on with it! I'm committed to finishing it though because the crochet section is the only one I'll be entering in next year's competition. The knitted article is a knee length pullover. That doesn't float my boat, and I'm not prepared to spend a lot of time and money on something I'm not going to wear, since I've already learnt that my chances of pleasing the judges are somewhere between nil and nothing.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you have completed a fair length, so be the trooper you are and persevere, dear friend !!!
    I think the mesh looks good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just finished my crochet scarf (hope to blog it tomorrow) and that was just beginning to get boring!!! I used the chevron pattern which kept my interest throughout - almost!!!! Love the colour of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like wonderful, warm chocolate-delicious! The textured pattern is very appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add some more exciting stuff at the end. It will help the rows go by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is a shame because your items are always so beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When your heart isn’t into a project, then it becomes a chore. I’m sorry your design was nixed.

    ReplyDelete