Saturday, August 26, 2017

Contrast

I hope I have enough contrast between the colours for my beret and scarf. I spun another three skeins after these ones and then pondered how many skeins to dye of each colour. I used half a skein of the light colour in my original sample, so I figured 2 skeins should cover it.  I dyed the rest dark. The peach dyeing is even, but I forgot to throw out the water with vinegar in it before I dyed the dark wool, so it's a bit uneven. I'll choose the more uneven skeins for the beret and the better ones for the scarf.

8 comments:

  1. The colors are very pretty! I think it's difficult to tell if there's enough contrast until a swatch is made up. I hope you get the results you're looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shades ! You have a great eye for colour :-)
    Hey, what are the chances - 3 consecutive pics in your blog list are of earrings using very similar colours !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue and white must be the in-colours for earrings!

      Delete
  3. Lovely neutral shades. In my opinion, it is not problematic if there is some unevenness in the dying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm not too worried about the unevenness in this case. It could look horrid in a stocking stitch cardigan or something like that.

      Delete
  4. Love your colour combinations for the scarf and beret

    ReplyDelete
  5. to me uneven looks great and hand done not done by a machine and that what I like to see. even a little mistake in tatting is not the end of the world at time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like there should be plenty of contrast!! :)

    ReplyDelete