Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Again!

I hesitate to blog about this, lest I come across as demented. Or at least obsessive. But it's what I've been working on, so here goes. Corlie felt that the crochet buttons on my cushion back wouldn't be up to the job of keeping the back closed and that the back was too puffy. I didn't redo the back altogether. I unraveled eight rows to the last increase row and then redid them without the increase. And I've replaced the crochet buttons with wooden buttons. If the judges don't like it, it won't be for lack of effort on my part!

9 comments:

  1. You are a funny lady! Love these new buttons though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit to laughing aloud! I also often feel demented about similar artsy issues - and others - and know exactly how you felt posting this.

    The pillow back looks ingenious. Good luck! 👍🏻😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks better and they will be more hard wearing, what do judges know anyway. Well done and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the judges had better love it with all the work and effort you have put into it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked it before, but must confess it looks even better now. Those buttons are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am little glad I don't ever have to face those judges, it would stress me out! you could send that pillow here and they would give you first place, we seem to be lacking in home made things and it guarantee a win! ha ha ha I do love the buttons with the pillow super cute where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The buttons are part of a parcel of buttons my cousin sent me. I blogged about them http://janemactats.blogspot.co.za/2016/02/buttons-galore.html on the 18th February. Perfect for the job!

      Delete
  7. This has got to be the million dollar cushion! If you were getting paid for all of your time and work!! I do hope the judges realize how beautiful EVERY version has been. <3

    ReplyDelete