Sunday, November 6, 2016

Reaching the Shore

I've just finished sewing Jack's pullover together. The pattern On the Shore, is from Knit Today magazine, April 2012. The yarn is wool I hand spun. Jack is nearly as pernickety as the competition judges, so I'm a bit cross with myself for not checking the front was absolutely symmetrical before knitting the neckband! Too late to change it now. I still have to block the pullover. I think I'll just wash it, make sure I get rid of any Kalahari sand left lurking in it. Jack's birthday is on Friday, so I've met my deadline.


11 comments:

  1. It's wonderful! - and, as always, seems to have been knitted very quickly. Symmetry is overrated, tell him - and Happy Birthday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks lovely to me so just don't mention your concerns to Jack!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous to me! I wouldn't mention any concerns either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on meeting your goal! Gorgeous work-symmetry schmettry-it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the unanimous sentiment in above comments :-D Wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't mentioned it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure that Jack will love the jumper, I am wearing my green one that I knitted, it is a cold day and it is keeping me warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done its looks to me and he may not notice, especially if you don't tell him. You could always say the pattern was like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane Dear you have knitted a lovely sweater for your birthday boy. Truly a labor of Love and work of HeArt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did a sweater like that 35 years ago. Gave it to a friend that loved it. Yours is quite excellent, and with hand spun yarn? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete