Monday, August 22, 2016

Progressing Slowly

I spun some more cotton and dyed more blue shades. Fingers crossed I have enough now to get my cushion to the required 30 cm to 50 cm across. I'm still using Dedri Uys's Sophie's Mandala for inspiration, but I'm not following it exactly. Which means I have to figure things out for myself. There's a lot of crocheting and then undoing! On the last blue round, I worked four trebles into each space, then decided that was too ruffly, undid it and worked it again with three trebles per space. Of course, as the cushion gets bigger and the rounds longer, the trial-and-error method becomes increasingly laborious. But I'm surely learning as I go along, and I'm happy with the results so far.

7 comments:

  1. My goodness, it's just so wonderful. All that trial and error is working well. At least the undoing is a little easier than untating. A bit but no less heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's stunning already!!! And I love your colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this look like a dream! love all the work you put into it!

    ReplyDelete