Saturday, September 1, 2012

Two Earrings

Earrings are like socks - you must make two and they must be reasonably similar! I had to 'go around again' with the second earring, I made the beaded chain too long the first attempt. I like the way the different circles hang at different angles to each other.

I hate the word verification that is found on some blogs - I don't want to prove that I am not a robot. So I was mortified yesterday to discover that my blog was using it. Luckily Jane Eborall not only let me know about it, but told me how to get rid of it. I hope that's the end of that. Thanks Jane.

7 comments:

  1. I love your earrings! I was talking to one of our teachers yesterday who was wearing turquoise dangles. I told her about your earring with the tatting around it and how much I admired it. I'm not sure she's in to tatting, though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You'll have to make her some and convert her!

      Delete
  2. You made me laugh as I had an epiphany!

    Now I realize why I really dislike making earrings.

    It is not because I do not wear any but one pair, although it is a good reason.

    But, the truth is, like knitting socks, I really balk at repeating the same pattern, which becomes such a dreary chore the second time around. Kind of like divorce! : ))) Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like the idea of 'related' socks - eg two-colour patterns with the patterns reversed on the second sock. Not sure I can work that with earrings though!!

      Delete