Monday, September 17, 2012

Holiday Knitting


I started this top when I was away, but  finished it after I came home. It's the same pattern as the top I made for Isabel. The colour in the photo doesn't look right! The label of the 4-ply cotton says moss, though I think it's more pistachio - either way, it's a distinct green. The top is shorter than I visualised. The pink top I knitted myself used 7 balls of yarn. It was knitted on 2mm needles. This one is knitted on 4mm needles and is a more open pattern, so I thought 5 balls would be ample. No. 6 balls would've been better.

5 comments:

  1. As always you knit, this pattern is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous top, and even tho the color doesn't look green on my screen, I think a soft green would be very pretty. Hope you can you wear it even tho it is a bit short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, yes, it is wearable, not even to be described as 'cropped', just a bit shorter than I intended!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful wear.
    I like lace pattern:)

    ReplyDelete