Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Gilded Hat


I've finished knitting the hat, using the magic loop method. It's based on the Wavy Gravy Hat by Elizabeth McNamee, but I've taken liberties with the pattern. I cast on more stitches than the pattern stipulated, to compensate for using a thinner yarn. But, in my usual fashion, I overdid it and had too many stitches. I contemplated starting again, but instead reduced the number of stitches after a few repeats, which has given a    flower petal effect. Accidental, but pleasing.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE what you have done with this! Wavy Gravy hat pattern is one of my favorite knitting patterns. I even used it to knit a Christmas Pudding Hat, but alas, it was too small for either me or my son. So it was donated to charity.

    YOUR hat is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Glad to meet a fellow Wavy Gravy fan! Not sure what a Christmas Pudding Hat is, but I hope someone appreciated it.

      Delete
  2. This could be a whole new pattern! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern so much! Really pretty hat:)

    ReplyDelete