Monday, May 21, 2012

Spinning day

I spent yesterday  spinning wool for a scarf. Each bobbin took four hours to fill and then it took an hour-and-a-half to ply the two together, so it was a good day's work. This morning I put the skeins in to soak while I cleaned the floor. Then I got my wool dyes out. The scarf I'm going to knit looks like leaves; should they be summer leaves or autumn leaves? I ummed and arred for a while and then decided on autumn leaves. Here's the wool hanging up to dry. The sun is shining and the wind blowing, so the skeins should be dry in a flash and a blurr.

4 comments:

  1. The autumn colors are beautiful! Some day I would like to learn how to spin my own wool. I really don't have much interest in the dyeing process, just the end results! I look forward to seeing your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dyeing, have spent many hours stirring a dyepot or pouring colours.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful wool and so much efforts! Itlooks more like autumn leaves, warm sunny yellow, but with brown it is more autumn, I agree.
    Never heard "in a flash and a blurr", ;-) does it mean realy quick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, indeed, mean real quick! And the wool did dry real quick.

      Delete